POST PUBLISHED INSeptember, 2011
September 29th, 201112:40 PM ETby Suzanne Woods Fisher "Marriage may be made in heaven, but man is responsible for the upkeep." Amish proverb Rhoda and Tom Beiler have been married for forty-seven years. "We understood the vows and thought we were very much 'in love,'" Tom said. "But from the perspective of time and experience, I now know that we didn't fully grasp the depth o...
September 15th, 201106:22 PM ETBy Suzanne Woods Fisher "Children are loved but not adored." Amish proverb Kristina, a curly haired three-year-old with a stubborn streak, didn't like to wait until grace was over to start on her meals. After all, she was hungry! While everyone's head was bowed, she would quietly reach out and grab a bread roll or a strawberry or a corn cob....
About this blog
Adopt the wisdom of the Amish through true stories interlaced with solid, biblical advice about parenting, marriage, and all aspects of family life--without selling your car or moving to a farm. Learn to prioritize what's truly important, simplify decision-making, slow down as a family and safeguard time together.
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Lily Lapp Goes to Uganda
- Plain Talk about the Amish: School Ends Early in Bergholz, Ohio
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Whoopie Pies--a Recipe of Endurance
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Traditional or Alternative Medicine?
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Puppy Mills
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Expecting to Wait
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Discovery Channel's Amish Mafia
- 9/11 A Joyful Chaos A Joyful Chaos blog A New Home for Lily Amish Hair Cutting Amish Hate Crime Amish Mafia Breaking Amish church Colorado Discovery Channel Dr. Bryan Cloyd Halloween Life with Lily Lob Lied Mary Ann Kinsinger Nickel Mines Northern Illinois University Pennsylvania proverbs Sunday Thanksgiving time TLC TLC's Breaking Amish Virginia Tech