POST PUBLISHED INDecember, 2011
December 30th, 201103:50 PM ET"No winter lasts forever. No spring skips its turn." Amish Proverb A few years ago, I met the Simon Yoders while doing research for a book. The following story is what I've learned and observed about them from visits with the family and through letters I've exchanged with Edna Yoder. Life and work on the Yoders' Ohio farm revolves around seasona...
December 03rd, 201101:13 PM ETby Suzanne Woods Fisher "The dearest things of life are mostly near at hand." Amish Proverb On a farm, Christmas morning is like any other day. The cows must be milked. The animals must be fed and tended to. But when the chores are finally done, Christmas begins like any other home. On the Stoltzfus farm, the five children gather in the kitchen, ...
About this blog
Adopt the wisdom of the Amish through true stories interlaced with solid, biblical advice about parenting, marriage, and all aspects of family life--without selling your car or moving to a farm. Learn to prioritize what's truly important, simplify decision-making, slow down as a family and safeguard time together.
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Lily Lapp Goes to Uganda
- Plain Talk about the Amish: School Ends Early in Bergholz, Ohio
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Whoopie Pies--a Recipe of Endurance
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Traditional or Alternative Medicine?
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Puppy Mills
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Expecting to Wait
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Discovery Channel's Amish Mafia
- 9/11 A Joyful Chaos A Joyful Chaos blog A New Home for Lily Amish Hair Cutting Amish Hate Crime Amish Mafia Breaking Amish church Colorado Discovery Channel Dr. Bryan Cloyd Halloween Life with Lily Lob Lied Mary Ann Kinsinger Nickel Mines Northern Illinois University Pennsylvania proverbs Sunday Thanksgiving time TLC TLC's Breaking Amish Virginia Tech