POST PUBLISHED INDecember, 2011
December 30th, 201103:50 PM ET"No winter lasts forever. No spring skips its turn." Amish Proverb A few years ago, I met the Simon Yoders while doing research for a book. The following story is what I've learned and observed about them from visits with the family and through letters I've exchanged with Edna Yoder. Life and work on the Yoders' Ohio farm revolves around seasona...
December 03rd, 201101:13 PM ETby Suzanne Woods Fisher "The dearest things of life are mostly near at hand." Amish Proverb On a farm, Christmas morning is like any other day. The cows must be milked. The animals must be fed and tended to. But when the chores are finally done, Christmas begins like any other home. On the Stoltzfus farm, the five children gather in the kitchen, ...
About this blog
Adopt the wisdom of the Amish through true stories interlaced with solid, biblical advice about parenting, marriage, and all aspects of family life--without selling your car or moving to a farm. Learn to prioritize what's truly important, simplify decision-making, slow down as a family and safeguard time together.
- Plain Talk about the Amish: "One Light Still Shines"
- Plain Talk about the Amish: A Farmer's Life
- Plain Talk about the Amish: A Woman's Prayer Cap
- Plain Talk about the Amish: The Disappearing Childhood
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Why is Amish Fiction so Popular?
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Lily Lapp Goes to Uganda
- Plain Talk about the Amish: School Ends Early in Bergholz, Ohio
- 9/11 A Joyful Chaos A Joyful Chaos blog A New Home for Lily Amish Mafia Amish school shooting Audubon Christmas Bird Count Bart Township Fire Station Breaking Amish church Discovery Channel Dr. Bryan Cloyd Halloween home remedies Lancaster County Online Life with Lily Mary Ann Kinsinger modern medicine Nickel Mines Pennsylvania proverbs puppy mills Thanksgiving time TLC TLC's Breaking Amish