Post tagged with Amish Peace
December 15th, 201210:45 AM ETYesterday's tragic school shooting in Connecticut brought up discussion of the Amish school shooting of October 2006. This is a true story about how the Amish and non-Amish Nickel Mines community supported each other during and after that experience. "The light that shines farthest, shines brightest at home." Amish Proverb The little fire stati...
August 05th, 201203:02 PM ETGod likes small people. He cannot use big ones. Amish Proverb Back in the summer of 1951, Sam Stoltzfus was eight years old. The world was big and wondrous, and there was a significant event coming up in his small boy’s world. He would soon be going in with the boys into the Amish church service. This usually happened when an Amish boy turned n...
July 26th, 201209:57 AM ETMy heart and prayers have been with Colorado this week. I've wondered if the Comfort Quilt might be moved from Illinois to Colorado. If so, I'm praying this will be its last move. "Good deeds have echoes." Amish proverb One month after the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, students from St. Hilary C...
June 01st, 201206:51 PM ET"That is hitting the nail on the head." Amish proverb An Amish newspaper ran a story about the hundreds of letters they received asking how to become Amish. The article explained that most people wanted a change of pace or were feeling stressed by their hectic lifestyle. The solution, they thought, was to become Amish. The newspaper conjectured t...
January 18th, 201210:31 AM ETThis is a story I wrote a few years ago about my dear dad. He passed away on January 1st, just as the sun rose on 2012. "Before we can pray 'Thy Kingdom come,' we must pray 'My kingdom go'." Amish Proverb It is a blistering hot June evening and I am stuck in a traffic jam, retrieving my dad from his latest escapade after recei...
About this blog
Adopt the wisdom of the Amish through true stories interlaced with solid, biblical advice about parenting, marriage, and all aspects of family life--without selling your car or moving to a farm. Learn to prioritize what's truly important, simplify decision-making, slow down as a family and safeguard time together.
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Lily Lapp Goes to Uganda
- Plain Talk about the Amish: School Ends Early in Bergholz, Ohio
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Whoopie Pies--a Recipe of Endurance
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Traditional or Alternative Medicine?
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Puppy Mills
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Expecting to Wait
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Discovery Channel's Amish Mafia
- 9/11 A Joyful Chaos A Joyful Chaos blog A New Home for Lily Amish Hair Cutting Amish Hate Crime Amish Mafia Breaking Amish church Colorado Discovery Channel Dr. Bryan Cloyd Halloween Life with Lily Lob Lied Mary Ann Kinsinger Nickel Mines Northern Illinois University Pennsylvania proverbs Sunday Thanksgiving time TLC TLC's Breaking Amish Virginia Tech