Post tagged with Amish proverbs
January 31st, 201204:57 PM ET"Fortune knocks once but misfortune has more patience." Amish proverb If you want to know a people, know their proverbs. Most every culture has proverbs that are unique to it. Whether called maxims, bromides, truisms, idioms, expressions, sayings, or just an old saw, proverbs are small, concentrated packages that let us peek into the window of a ...
About this blog
Adopt the wisdom of the Amish through true stories interlaced with solid, biblical advice about parenting, marriage, and all aspects of family life--without selling your car or moving to a farm. Learn to prioritize what's truly important, simplify decision-making, slow down as a family and safeguard time together.
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Volunteerism
- Plain Talk about the Amish: How to Avoid Moral Mud Puddles
- Plain Talk about the Amish: Remembering Photographer Bill Coleman
- Plain Talk about the Amish: On the Road!
- Plain Talk about the Amish: The 150 Rule
- Plain Talk about the Amish: "One Light Still Shines"
- Plain Talk about the Amish: A Farmer's Life
- A Joyful Chaos A New Home for Lily Adventure of Lily Lapp Amish Beard Cutting Prison Amish Hair Cutting Amish Hate Crime Amish Mafia Children of Grace chiropractor Chronicle Books Crime News Discovery Channel Halloween home remedies Karen Jones Lancaster County Online Life with Lily modern medicine Ohio Amish Prison puppy mills reflexology Sarah Billingsley time TLC's Breaking Amish Video Whoopie pies