Post tagged with Jane St. Clair
September 19th, 201103:05 AM ETI don't think there is a place as quiet as the Sonoran desert in summer's noon. The temperature is an impossible 119-degree inferno – all the creatures have burrowed to coolness so many feet underground. Most are sleeping and will do their foraging by moonlight. The silence is all encompassing – nothing stirs, not even the tips of trees. It i...
Murder by Suicide... Internet Predator Claims Right to Free Speech, Even if it costs Others their LivesAugust 09th, 201102:08 AM ETOne thing cops know is that some people enjoy murder. That is their motive. Your average person does not understand this. This month a court in Minnesota decided the case of William Melchert-Dinkel, an ex-nurse who trolled the Internet for victims the way sharks hunt for bleeding prey. He looked for depressed people so he could talk them into comm...
August 04th, 201112:38 AM ETIf your heart breaks easily, you don't need to read this thing. In February 2010, Joseph and Sandra Maraachli became the parents of a baby boy they named Joseph. Just having another baby was an act of faith for them. Eight years earlier, they lost a daughter to a rare genetic condition called Leigh's Syndrome. With this terrible disease, a baby i...
July 27th, 201112:25 AM ETCompassion and Choices is a group that pushes the legalization of assisted suicide. They began as the "Hemlock Society," a more or less underground movement in which their members helped people commit suicide. They are still coming from the premise that people have a right to a painless death through suicide. Many people who agree with Compassion ...
July 07th, 201112:24 AM ETYou are a cancer patient. Your doctor checks you over and says, "Well, you don't have long to live, and your insurance doesn't want to pay for expensive chemo drugs at $5000 a month." Your doctor pulls out her prescription pad. "We can offer you a quick and painless death through barbiturates," she says, scribbling the prescription for barbs. "It...
About this blog
Bindings offers thought-provoking blogs by vibrant, published Christian authors on faith issues, life and current events, and intriguing, must-read books.
- The Generational Lies Women Believe and Why They Must End: One Woman’s Story
- Anatomy of a Strong Lady
- Defining the Church in the 21st Century
- Video Games = Interactive Movies = Art
- What the Empty Crib Means to Us
- Two Funerals and an Obituary
- Art Fights Back: Emma Sulkowicz Inspires Young Women to Speak Out About Sexual Assault
- attention span Azheimer’s Barbara Hattemer bored boredom DNA dysfunctional family epigenetic science ex-spouses fulfillment genetic code genetic make-up Gethsemane global God’s presence greeting hereditary humility mentoring normal proactive Pulitzer Prize reconciliations romance-suspense texting The Dashschund Escapades