POST PUBLISHED INJanuary, 2011
January 31st, 201103:38 PM ETTeens today can be overwhelmed searching for meaning amidst depressing hopelessness, negative self-image, and the pressure to be perfect. To meet the needs of hurting teenagers across the country, Groundwire, a current and innovative outreach, has become a ministry where teens find comfort, guidance, and answers delivered through multi-media commun...
EGM’s Little Town of Bethlehem Nominated for Reel Rose Award Best Documentary Film & The People’s Festival AwardJanuary 26th, 201110:02 AM ETIn addition to being a featured film at the John Paul II International Film Festival, Little Town of Bethlehem, from EthnoGraphic Media (EGM) has been nominated for the 2011 Reel Rose Award for Best Documentary Film and The People’s Festival Award. The festival, held in south Florida, is modeled after the artistic and humanitarian ideas of t...
January 25th, 201111:54 AM ETFor years David C Cook has earned an esteemed reputation for providing not only the highest quality Sunday school materials, but also the most relevant of resources to support churches and families. And now in a bold move to continually help churches equip their families, David C Cook introduces the first ever Sunday school apps developed for ...
January 24th, 201111:26 AM ETIn today’s culture, teenage boys are faced with navigating the turbulent journey to manhood, often without an inkling of what that really means or any direction of how to get there.What does it mean to be a man? Flight Plan: Your Mission to Become a Man, written by educators Lee Burns and Braxton Brady, offers a vision of godly manhood and a co...
January 18th, 201112:06 PM ETMissy Buchanan encourages older adults to continue growing in faith and relationships Even when age creeps up on the body and mind, and life changes from what it once was, is it still possible to have a purpose in life? When it is no longer possible to venture out and do the things you once loved, can you still find a reason to look forwar...
January 17th, 201103:26 PM ETSince 1983, Missions Fest has been hosting global missions conferences with partnering churches around the world to inform, celebrate, and challenge the public to reach out to a needy world. Organizers of this year’s Missions Fest Vancouver will hold its second annual Missions Fest Film Festival, offering eight mission-themed film screenings and ...
January 17th, 201103:06 PM ETTired of regret and fear? God wants you to know Him in the present tense. Do you find yourself living in memories, imaginations, and fears more than in the current moment? As Warren Wiersbe writes, “My past may discourage me and my future may frighten me, but ‘the life I now live’ today can be enriching and encouraging because ‘Christ live...
January 14th, 201112:36 PM ETOne Woman’s Extreme Journey to Finding a Life That Matters Click here to view the Passport Through Darkness book trailer! Each one of us longs to know we matter.We hunger to know that we have purpose, our life has meaning, and God dreams great dreams for us. In Passport Through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second Chances,Kimberly Smit...
January 03rd, 201112:33 PM ETAfter two months and fourteen cities, Family Ministry Conversations completes the 2010 tour with more events scheduled for three major U.S. cities in 2011. For the last few months, Family Ministry Conversations powered by David C Cook has been engaged in an exciting series of conversations about family and children’s ministries in chur...
January 03rd, 201112:17 PM ETDr. Scott Morris calls on the Church for true health care reform Have we considered what Jesus’ response would be to health care reform? And as Christians called to be influencers of culture, shouldn’t we be informed and knowledgeable enough to dialogue intelligently about the subject? Medical doctor and ordained Methodist minister G. Scott Mo...
About this blog
A blog about books, news and other forms of Christian media matter important to the faith community.
- What’s it Like When the Man You Married is Married to God?
- Can You Handle the Bare Naked Truth?
- Best-Selling Author Deeanne Gist Takes Readers to the 1893 World’s Fair
- Best-Selling Author Deeanne Gist to Host Live Webcast
- Whom Will You Trust When Dark Waters Rise?
- God's Plans for Your Life are Grander Than Your Own
- An interview With Camy Tang, one of the Authors of The Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn Series
- A Place to Belong: Out of Our Comfort Zone and into God's Adventure acts 413 addiction Bob Westfall Calvin Miller Cherished Christian Publishing University employment EthnoGraphic Media (EGM) Hell is Real (but I Hate to Admit it) Kim Cash Letters to a Young Pastor Lisa Toyer Matt Redman Medad Birungi Megan's Secrets Mike Cope Mirror Ball: Living Boldly and Shinning Brightly for the Glory of God. music prison ministry Rick Lawrence Sifted Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic and Treasures from Grandma's Attic The Fulfillment Principle The Fullfillment Principle Tombstones and Banana Trees