Post tagged with books
September 21st, 201201:21 PM ETThe premiere of Breaking Amish on TLC two weeks ago left many viewers with more questions than they had before tuning in. “Would these young people ever be allowed back home again?” “Are all parents that strict?” “Is it common for the Amish to adopt?” Suzanne Woods Fisher, a best-selling author of Amish based non-fiction and fiction, d...
May 15th, 201204:27 PM ETLife is more than just a series of experiences. It is the people we meet along the way that make life more interesting and teach us the most important lessons. City dweller turned country pastor Alex Armstrong learns this first hand in Judy Baer’s Forever Hilltop. Forever Hilltop is a 2-in-1 book thatincludes Baer’s An Unlikely Blessing along ...
Sure as Hell-Brian Jones’ Hell Is Real talks about why Hell matters, even if you don’t believe in it.August 11th, 201104:50 PM ETRecently, the media has ignited in a brimstone blaze of controversy over the question of Hell, and the idea that's generating so much attention is that Hell isn't real, and even if it were, a loving God wouldn't possibly send people there. Is Hell real, or is it a concept that is misguided and out of place in today's Christianity? Many believe the ...
August 11th, 201104:48 PM ETRick Lawrence explores God's "sifting" to discover why we suffer in this life. Worn down by the troubles in your life? Overwhelmed by piled-up problems? Worried about others who are hurting? In his book, Sifted: God's Scandalous Response to Satan's Outrageous Demand, Rick Lawrence offers fresh biblical perspective on pain, based on a single Script...
July 01st, 201104:00 PM ETA Revolution of Forgiveness Medad Birungi faced pain few imagine yet speaks of forgiveness all can experience Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX–"My story changed beyond all recognition. Everything that was made ugly by pain and anger was turned to beauty by one simple, revolutionary thing—forgiveness." Medad Birungi was once a boy who begged to die by the...
July 01st, 201103:35 PM ETGod’s Light Shines Through the Smallest Prism Matt Redman invites readers to reflect God’s dazzling radiance. “When God shines upon His church, we become a dazzling testimony to His awesome radiance. You may feel ineffective. You might have lost confidence in your ability to shine. You may think you are too small or inco...
July 01st, 201103:04 PM ETComplete Common English Bible Arrives From Printer NASHVILLE, TN (June 29, 2011) – The print format of the new complete Common English Bible (http://CommonEnglishBible.com @CommonEngBible – http://twitter.com/CommonEngBible), four years in the making, has arrived early at its central distribution center in Nashville, TN. While...
June 28th, 201111:54 AM ET“A story with the power to change the direction of your story.” ~ Leonard Sweet, best-selling author, professor, speaker Have you ever wondered if there is a bigger plan to your life or if everything just happens by chance? In his newest book, The Blackberry Bush,David Housholder will take you on a journey across two continents to discover t...
June 14th, 201111:40 AM ETRandy Singer is a highly regarded author, and his legal thrillers are often compared to those written by John Grisham. In fact, one of his books is in the running for the ABA Journal’s Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction along with novels by Michael Connelly and John Grisham. The Prize will be awarded in conjunction with the Library of Congress Na...
June 07th, 201110:34 AM ETMaybe "I Do" Is Better than "Just Don't" Ted Cunningham celebrates young love with wisdom and advice. Early marriage might not be a problem; instead, it might just be a solution. In Young and in Love: Challenging the Unnecessary Delay of Marriage, Pastor Ted Cunningham boldly suggests that early marriage is not as harmful as many believe and even...
About this blog
A blog about books, news and other forms of Christian media matter important to the faith community.
- Whom Will You Trust When Dark Waters Rise?
- God's Plans for Your Life are Grander Than Your Own
- An interview With Camy Tang, one of the Authors of The Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn Series
- An Interview with Sue Edwards, Author of the Discover Together Series
- The Best Things Come to Those Who Wait for God to Bring Them
- Best-Selling Author Deeanne Gist Brings Chicago's 1893 World Fair To Life
- New book and curriculum open the doors to talking to children about missions and orphans
- 40 Days to Better Living: Hypertension 40 Days to Better Living: Optimal Health 9/11 ten year anniversary Bob Westfall Brian Jones EthnoGraphic Media (EGM) Ethnographnic Media (EGM) film festival Guideposts Hell is Real Hell is Real (but I Hate to Admit it) Kim Cash Loecken Medad Birungi Megan's Secrets Mike Cope music Passion to Action Rick Lawrence Sifted Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic and Treasures from Grandma's Attic Ted Cunningham the Church Health Cente The Fulfillment Principle The Fullfillment Principle Tombstones and Banana Trees