Post tagged with The Hidden Gifts of Helping
November 18th, 201103:14 PM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 2: In my most recent book, The Hidden Gifts of Helping: How the Power of Giving, Compassion, and Hope Can Get Us Through Hard Times (Jossey-Bass, A Wiley Imprint), I describe a bit of an upheaval in my own...
November 16th, 201110:19 AM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 1: Ebenezer Scrooge begins in The Christmas Carol with a "Bah humbug!" He is both miserly and miserable. As the story unfolds, he eventually discovers the "giver's glow," as I like to term it. He is danci...
May 10th, 201103:53 PM ETResearch has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly neighbor, or volunteering to mentor a school-aged child—we improve our own health and well-being and embrace and give voice to our deeper identity and dignity as human beings. In The Hidden Gifts of Hel...
April 14th, 201110:41 AM ETBy Stephen G. Post Lent reminds us of the pure and perfect love of Christ, his elicited betrayal, and that a love so large, that even in terrible suffering, it cannot reject anyone or be defeated. Lent is a time to remember the darkness that Jesus endured, however shadowy the scene. And it was God’s love that wrote the play, and forgivenes...
April 11th, 201106:00 PM ETNew Book Shares Biblical Principles that Grow our Faith and Heal our Brokenness The Bible clearly tells us that we are to love one another; it also proclaims that we are to bear one another’s burdens. Research has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly n...
About this blog
A blog about books, news and other forms of Christian media matter important to the faith community.
- Author Lynn Austin to host live webcast on October 21
- Terminal Cancer Patient Implores Brittany Maynard to Reconsider Her Last Days
- Robin Caroll Discusses Dealing with Shattered Hopes
- Some Secrets Are Like a Noose
- Finding the Courage to Make Unpopular Choices
- Finding Your Role in the Alternative Kingdom
- Finding God in Life’s Hardest Moments
- 100th Anniverary Beth Vogt By the Light of the Silvery Moon Forever Hilltop gregorian chants Growing Up Ziglar Guidepost Books Haiti historical fiction Howard Books India Judy Baer Julie Ziglar Norman Mexico monastery monks Motivation Nigeria North Dakota Quinceaneras rite of passage Titanic Wedding Wish You Were Here worship Zig Ziglar