Post tagged with The Hidden Gifts of Helping
November 18th, 201103:14 PM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 2: In my most recent book, The Hidden Gifts of Helping: How the Power of Giving, Compassion, and Hope Can Get Us Through Hard Times (Jossey-Bass, A Wiley Imprint), I describe a bit of an upheaval in my own...
November 16th, 201110:19 AM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 1: Ebenezer Scrooge begins in The Christmas Carol with a "Bah humbug!" He is both miserly and miserable. As the story unfolds, he eventually discovers the "giver's glow," as I like to term it. He is danci...
May 10th, 201103:53 PM ETResearch has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly neighbor, or volunteering to mentor a school-aged child—we improve our own health and well-being and embrace and give voice to our deeper identity and dignity as human beings. In The Hidden Gifts of Hel...
April 14th, 201110:41 AM ETBy Stephen G. Post Lent reminds us of the pure and perfect love of Christ, his elicited betrayal, and that a love so large, that even in terrible suffering, it cannot reject anyone or be defeated. Lent is a time to remember the darkness that Jesus endured, however shadowy the scene. And it was God’s love that wrote the play, and forgivenes...
April 11th, 201106:00 PM ETNew Book Shares Biblical Principles that Grow our Faith and Heal our Brokenness The Bible clearly tells us that we are to love one another; it also proclaims that we are to bear one another’s burdens. Research has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly n...
About this blog
A blog about books, news and other forms of Christian media matter important to the faith community.
- Odyssey Adventure Club Offers Interactive Online Experience for Families
- Author Susan May Warren Unites Readers and Foodies in Giveaway
- Quilts of Love Series Reminds Us Every Quilt Has a Story
- Tricia Goyer Talks About Her Moms' Night Out
- Is There Room for Love in a Heart Filled with Revenge?
- Sowell Encourages Readers that God Works in Every Season
- Tracey Eyster Offers Modern Moms an Online Home for Encouragement and Connection
- America Ash Wednesday Bible stories Brides character children Chris Fabry Christians Dr. Robert Jeffress Ed Welch fulfillment gambling heart transplant helping others leadership men mosaics motivational speaker Not in the Heart organ donation organ transplants others help self-esteem self-help voting Weddings