Post tagged with The Hidden Gifts of Helping
November 18th, 201103:14 PM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 2: In my most recent book, The Hidden Gifts of Helping: How the Power of Giving, Compassion, and Hope Can Get Us Through Hard Times (Jossey-Bass, A Wiley Imprint), I describe a bit of an upheaval in my own...
November 16th, 201110:19 AM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 1: Ebenezer Scrooge begins in The Christmas Carol with a "Bah humbug!" He is both miserly and miserable. As the story unfolds, he eventually discovers the "giver's glow," as I like to term it. He is danci...
May 10th, 201103:53 PM ETResearch has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly neighbor, or volunteering to mentor a school-aged child—we improve our own health and well-being and embrace and give voice to our deeper identity and dignity as human beings. In The Hidden Gifts of Hel...
April 14th, 201110:41 AM ETBy Stephen G. Post Lent reminds us of the pure and perfect love of Christ, his elicited betrayal, and that a love so large, that even in terrible suffering, it cannot reject anyone or be defeated. Lent is a time to remember the darkness that Jesus endured, however shadowy the scene. And it was God’s love that wrote the play, and forgivenes...
April 11th, 201106:00 PM ETNew Book Shares Biblical Principles that Grow our Faith and Heal our Brokenness The Bible clearly tells us that we are to love one another; it also proclaims that we are to bear one another’s burdens. Research has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly n...
About this blog
A blog about books, news and other forms of Christian media matter important to the faith community.
- Novel Considers the Destructive Nature of Secrets and Regret
- Exploring Love and Coming of Age in the Amish Community
- The Legendary C.S. Lewis: England's Most Reluctant Christian Convert
- Rachel Hauck Talks Romance With a Royal Twist
- Janette Oke invites readers to join her during live online event
- God Keeps His Promises In Unexpected Ways
- Becoming the Leader God Aspires for You to Be
- Achievement Afghanistan and Recognition Bible Translation Blown up guy book Carl Kerby devotional Family Gospel Story history Holiday Holidays Marty Machowski Military New Years ranching Reasons for Hope Resolution Richard E. Simmons III Roxanne Packham Success Texas The Trure Measure of a Man Top 10 Religion stories verse of the day