Post tagged with The Hidden Gifts of Helping
November 18th, 201103:14 PM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 2: In my most recent book, The Hidden Gifts of Helping: How the Power of Giving, Compassion, and Hope Can Get Us Through Hard Times (Jossey-Bass, A Wiley Imprint), I describe a bit of an upheaval in my own...
November 16th, 201110:19 AM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 1: Ebenezer Scrooge begins in The Christmas Carol with a "Bah humbug!" He is both miserly and miserable. As the story unfolds, he eventually discovers the "giver's glow," as I like to term it. He is danci...
May 10th, 201103:53 PM ETResearch has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly neighbor, or volunteering to mentor a school-aged child—we improve our own health and well-being and embrace and give voice to our deeper identity and dignity as human beings. In The Hidden Gifts of Hel...
April 14th, 201110:41 AM ETBy Stephen G. Post Lent reminds us of the pure and perfect love of Christ, his elicited betrayal, and that a love so large, that even in terrible suffering, it cannot reject anyone or be defeated. Lent is a time to remember the darkness that Jesus endured, however shadowy the scene. And it was God’s love that wrote the play, and forgivenes...
April 11th, 201106:00 PM ETNew Book Shares Biblical Principles that Grow our Faith and Heal our Brokenness The Bible clearly tells us that we are to love one another; it also proclaims that we are to bear one another’s burdens. Research has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly n...
About this blog
A blog about books, news and other forms of Christian media matter important to the faith community.
- Best-Selling Author Deeanne Gist to Host Live Webcast
- Whom Will You Trust When Dark Waters Rise?
- God's Plans for Your Life are Grander Than Your Own
- An interview With Camy Tang, one of the Authors of The Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn Series
- An Interview with Sue Edwards, Author of the Discover Together Series
- The Best Things Come to Those Who Wait for God to Bring Them
- Best-Selling Author Deeanne Gist Brings Chicago's 1893 World Fair To Life
- 40 Days to Better Living: Hypertension 40 Days to Better Living: Optimal Health 9/11 ten year anniversary Bob Westfall Brian Jones Cherished EthnoGraphic Media (EGM) Ethnographnic Media (EGM) film festival Hell is Real Hell is Real (but I Hate to Admit it) Kim Cash Letters to a Young Pastor Matt Redman Medad Birungi Megan's Secrets Mike Cope Mirror Ball: Living Boldly and Shinning Brightly for the Glory of God. music Rick Lawrence Sifted Still More Stories from Grandma's Attic and Treasures from Grandma's Attic the Church Health Cente The Fulfillment Principle The Fullfillment Principle Tombstones and Banana Trees