Post tagged with The Hidden Gifts of Helping
November 18th, 201103:14 PM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 2: In my most recent book, The Hidden Gifts of Helping: How the Power of Giving, Compassion, and Hope Can Get Us Through Hard Times (Jossey-Bass, A Wiley Imprint), I describe a bit of an upheaval in my own...
November 16th, 201110:19 AM ETArticle by Stephen G. Post, Author of The Hidden Gifts of Helping, a Wall Street Journal bestseller(www.StephenGPost.com/HiddenGifts) Part 1: Ebenezer Scrooge begins in The Christmas Carol with a "Bah humbug!" He is both miserly and miserable. As the story unfolds, he eventually discovers the "giver's glow," as I like to term it. He is danci...
May 10th, 201103:53 PM ETResearch has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly neighbor, or volunteering to mentor a school-aged child—we improve our own health and well-being and embrace and give voice to our deeper identity and dignity as human beings. In The Hidden Gifts of Hel...
April 14th, 201110:41 AM ETBy Stephen G. Post Lent reminds us of the pure and perfect love of Christ, his elicited betrayal, and that a love so large, that even in terrible suffering, it cannot reject anyone or be defeated. Lent is a time to remember the darkness that Jesus endured, however shadowy the scene. And it was God’s love that wrote the play, and forgivenes...
April 11th, 201106:00 PM ETNew Book Shares Biblical Principles that Grow our Faith and Heal our Brokenness The Bible clearly tells us that we are to love one another; it also proclaims that we are to bear one another’s burdens. Research has revealed that when we show concern for others—empathizing with a friend who has lost a loved one, mowing the lawn for an elderly n...
About this blog
A blog about books, news and other forms of Christian media matter important to the faith community.
- Rob Peabody Asks Us to Reject Status-Quo Christianity
- Sarah Sundin Discusses Releasing Regret and Embracing Love
- Elisabeth Gifford Writes of Discovering Healing in the Search for Truth
- Deborah Raney Asks: When Life’s Storms Hit, is a Parent’s Job Ever Really Done?
- Major U.S. Company Partners With Renowned School Speaker to Counter Bullying and School Violence
- New Imprint to Offer Romance Novels That Promote Abstinence
- Sarah Sundin Encourages Readers to Open Their Hearts to God’s Perfect Gifts
- America bat mitvah Bible stories blessing tea Chris Fabry Christians college Dr. Robert Jeffress gambling hope Inspired31 Lenten Bible Readings mosaic mosaics mother/daughter motivational speaker Not in the Heart organ donation organ transplants orphans politics Quinceaneras Robert Jeffress Romania teens voting