There is no other elixir that works as Christ in us. He goes to the root of all issues and transforms every poison that may have been deposited in our body, soul or spirit...causing wellness. Reflect on the prescription of Elisha when faced with a pot in a time of famine that was already poisoned with wild vines shredded to pollute the pottage recipe.
2 Kings 4 And Elisha came again to Gilgal: and there was a dearth in the land; and the sons of the prophets were sitting before him: and he said unto his servant, Set on the great pot, and seethe pottage for the sons of the prophets.  And one went out into the field to gather herbs, and found a wild vine, and gathered thereof wild gourds his lap full, and came and shred them into the pot of pottage: for they knew them not.  So they poured out for the men to eat. And it came to pass, as they were eating of the pottage, that they cried out, and said, O thou man of God, there is death in the pot. And they could not eat thereof .  But he said, Then bring meal. And he cast it into the pot; and he said, Pour out for the people, that they may eat. And there was no harm in the pot.
Note in summary the following points ...
- Times of dearth and famine are times for extra care in obedience and diligence to follow the word in full. There are times of dearth of truth...these are times to be cautious.
- Elisha asked for pottage to be set ... but one we are told found some wild vine ...to make the broth tastier no doubt... beware of wild herbs from strange vines in ministry, business and life in general. They promise an exotic improved taste but they are poisonous. Stick to the narrow recipe ...the “old” paths.
- The cooks could not recognise these wild ingredients ... do not seek adventure in matters of faith – rather seek time tested truths in the word of God. What you cannot recognise and be certain of its source should not be added into the mix of that you intend to digest. Seek counsel from elders if unsure...do not take foolish risks.
- Do not pretend when you discover you have taken in poison...Go quickly to God for help...note that Elisha did not ask that the broth be poured away ... that would have been tough in a famine. God is not turning you away and He does not propose that you be discarded for your wanderings ... But He waits for you to cry out to Him for help. Are you in financial, health or any type of trouble...cry now to God for help.
- Jesus – the Bread of Heaven is the solution..let Him come in afresh and grow in you ...He instantly transforms all poisons to harmless substances. Note, that immediately the broth became edible again. Life can be sweet again if we let Christ be formed in us again ...give Him a chance and see things begin to change rapidly. Let His word begin to rule and control your life and watch the transformation that follows.
We are coming out of recession and many strange ingredients have already been shredded into the pot of many homes, ministries, nations, communities ...and alas the poisons are taking their toll. But you can go to the master apothecary , the Almighty for His solution...Jesus. it is time to get the word of God...the living word to rule your life . Christ needs to take His rightful place inside you in order for Satan and his cohorts to accept their place under your feet. Many are yet to exploit and maximise the possibilities of blessings inherent in Jesus Christ. Until Christ is formed in you, you may not see Him manifesting in His glory, His goodness and His grace in your life. It is time to grow the Anointed One - The Word of God - inside you, so as to heal all poisons and wildness and you will manifest in a new wholeness outside..
It is perhaps time for stronger teachers and elders – Like Paul, to pray ... to travail again that Christ be formed in lives ... “My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,” ~ Gal. 4:19.
Though they are slighting Him ...Still He is waiting
Waiting the penitent child to receive.
Plead with them earnestly, plead with them gently
He will forgive if they only believe
Rescue the Perishing, Care for the dying ... Jesus is merciful. Jesus will save.
Someone reading this blog post mixed in the occult, worldliness, strange lifestyles /entertainment and music and toyed with astrology, yoga and several esoteric herbs and gourds ...and now you see your wrong doing but too late (you think) as you already observe the poisonous effects. Jesus is waiting to come in again. Invite Him now.
To another friend I sing this favourite song...”Roses will bloom again ... just wait and see...”
God bless you.
Please read Open Heavens Devotional - Is Christ Formed?