The Bible is not silent on politics and qualities to look for in leadership. Neither has God left us clueless or unguided on how to glorify His word through our vote. It is good that we vote but better that we do so with a Biblical perspective ...irrespective of the culture or dominant world view most influential to your context.
Observe examples of what God demands of rulers with access to vast national resources and wealth and His criteria for selection. The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof ...God who owns the silver and the gold has the right to define the qualities of those who should rule on His behalf...Perhaps His criteria should apply in your next decision ?
Deuteronomy 17  “You shall surely set a king over you whom the LORD your God chooses; one from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner over you, who is not your brother.  “But he shall not multiply horses for himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt to multiply horses, for the LORD has said to you, ‘You shall not return that way again.’  “Neither shall he multiply wives for himself, lest his heart turn away; nor shall he greatly multiply silver and gold for himself.
- “One from among your brethren you shall set as king over you “A good ruler is a brother or a sister ... not a foreigner. One who understands the issues of the family ...not alien to our pains ... not a foreigner nor a stranger... a nationalist...who is burdened with the reproach of the land ... not a scorner – dedicated to removing and healing them ... one rooted in simple community issues ...we can trust one from among the brethren. A ruler must be worthy of trust. You can place your life in the hands of a true brother or sister and feel safe. He/she is known... with familiar weaknesses and strengths ... A foreigner or a stranger offers many promises but is unpredictable. Vote for someone you know...find out all you can before you select. If you have waited till he/she is in office to find out more about his/her faith you have waited too long ...and may have voted in a stranger.
- “But he shall not multiply horses for himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt to multiply horses, “ A man who has developed a taste for multiplication of horses – cars, houses and assets...though perceived to have honestly worked to earn these perks...is not the leader that God has appointed. The values of a leader speaks a lot...is he a builder of people? A God ordained leader is able to build people who are contented to lead simple Godly lives even when tremendously blessed. He knows the greatest asset of a nation is an enterprising and skilled people with the right values ... they must be aligned not to material acquisition but to selfless service and sacrificial sharing. God cannot trust leadership in the hands of those who will turn the people back to hunger for “Egypt” worldly acquisition and luxury ... but will through example of meekness and simplicity cause a cultural shift to build true national values...multiplying industry, justice, jobs, schools, skilled labour and diligent selfless service. Observe the values of the leader...Do not vote for one who will multiply vanity.
- “Neither shall he multiply wives for himself, lest his heart turn away “The leader must be a man of self control – disciplined in family life and who knows what he can have and cannot. The private life of a leader is not private but very important to your decision. A man who has proven himself unable to be contented in his home life runs riot when exposed to temptations of power. A man not practiced in self-control is easily turned away and confused by pleasant baits too juicy to resist. He may not be a polygamist but find out his heart concerning how he values the family heritage he leaves behind ... if his/her children are unruly and not well cared for or taught ... be sure he/she cannot truly care for millions of unknown voters. Vote for someone who demonstrates concern for traditional family values. Listen carefully for views on the family - be sure they align with scripture.
- “Nor shall he greatly multiply silver and gold for himself.”The leader must not be greedy. Many have been tested with wealth and found already to be “money launderers” and power grabbers... holding vast sums in private coffers ostensibly for the people. A man who will aggressively improve his own personal finances - as is common in many developing nations struggling through poverty and decay of infrastructure - is a thief and not a leader. People who have already amassed great sums inexplicably in personal accounts will plunder resources that belong to God if placed in leadership. Do not vote for a thief.
- “... for the LORD has said to you, ‘You shall not return that way again...’A leader must have a vision of a better future – a different way...and must have dreams to give hope to the people and able to lead through new paths. Someone bereft of God given ideas is unfit to rule ...let him/her be humble to support those with a vision of a new way and beginning...Test the vision of those who want your vote...will they lead us back the ways we have taken in the past ...foolishly expecting a different result...vote for change. Do not vote for the visionless or the blind.
Samuel was miserable that the children of Israel rejected the rule of God and preferred to have their own king and fight their own battles...in spite of all the warnings of God.
I Samuel 8[ 8] According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.  Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and show them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.  And Samuel told all the words of the LORD unto the people that asked of him a king.  And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.  And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.  And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.  And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them , and give them to his servants.  And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.  And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.  He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.  And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.  Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;  That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.
Do pray concerning your vote. Now and in eternity...there is an accounting for your decision. God will be glorified in your choice in elections. Do not sell your vote or select a candidate for selfish personal gains. Remember...if you choose wrongly ... God will honour your choice and demand that you pray for and support your leader... when he turns against you. Indeed it is so true that we deserve the leaders we get.
Choose wisely the next time. God bless you.