God left humanity a letter and it is called the Bible. In it He told us how and why He created man, He warned the first two humans to avoid the fruit of one tree, one tree in all of the Garden, and He tells us how Eve was deceived by Satan and ate of that fruit. God gave us free will, maybe that was a bad idea, but Eve chose to listen to the Deceiver and God had to develop a plan to allow man to redeem himself. That plan may have spanned millennia, to we humans an extraordinarily long time, for God not so for He is Eternal and time means nothing to Him. God also told us in that letter that eventually He will Judge the world and all who live in it. Many call it The End Times, some may call it Those Days and even others may call it The End Of Days. But whatever the name we put on it, I believe we are the generation living it first hand.
"The End is Nigh!" We've all seen the cartoons and depictions in pop culture TV and movies showing some old, disheveled, apparently homeless man holding a sign with that phrase written on it trying to warn people. It's a joke, the men so depicted the object of scorn and ridicule. But God did tell us that eventually that time would come. An honest reading of Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 and the Book of Revelation should convince you that we have, in fact, entered into that final period. That is not to say God will send Jesus back for His Church sooner rather than later, nor later rather than sooner. God will accomplish it in His time, at His pace be that tomorrow, in ten years or in another thousand years. However, I think His Wrath has started especially as it applies to the United States. Whether a part of God's Final Judgement or a warning to America and the world I cannot say. I always look to these passages when I think of just how clearly God knew what we would become and how He feels about it, the passage is a bit lengthy but well worth considering:
Romans 1:26-32 New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
If you think this does not describe America today more than ever, you might want to think again. Hard. Just look at what the United States has "accomplished" particularly over the past fifty years or so:
- God has been forcibly removed from nearly every public entity there is. Schools, courts, Federal and State Legislatures. Everywhere. If it weren't too expensive the Atheists and Progressive Liberals would have any reference to God sandblasted out of the engravings on all the public buildings
- Should a public figure find the gumption to declare his or her Christian Faith they are mocked, belittled and marginalized until their voices are muted
- Public displays of Christian Faith, by everyday people, in any place even tangentially associated with any kind of Governmental entity is vilified and stamped out
- Those who practice the sins encapsulated under the ideal of "sexual immorality" are not just accepted/tolerated in America today, they are glorified. Bruce Jenner is given awards for "heroism" because he has openly declared he is "transgender." The courts have foisted upon us the idea of "same sex marriage" which as I have said before is a misnomer because God Himself defined marriage long ago
- The men and women who pledged to protect us, the "Thin Blue Line," are now fair game to be attacked and killed because somehow all are guilty for the injustices committed by a very few
There are more examples of course, but I think my point is made. In 2008 "we" elected a President who flipped God the bird from day one, and the geniuses on the Left reelected him in 2012. There is zero doubt in my mind "our" President practices, at the very least sympathizes with the adherents of, the religion of the false god Allah. Some, many perhaps, would say "so what?" Well, let me tell you "so what?" God, since the day He appointed Saul as King of Israel at the Peoples' behest, has Judged nations as a whole based upon the actions of their civil authorities. When their King was a Godly man Israel had peace and prosperity. When the King ignored God, or chased after the false gods of the surrounding nations, there were famines, plagues and Israel was carried into captivity and servitude. Now the President wants to open our shores to "refugees" who carry thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of ISIS/Daesh terrorists. But how does this fit into God's Judgement? Reference back to those chapters I mentioned at the beginning and consider these:
- Wars/rumors of war.....Syria, ISIS are current and huge conflicts. The Russians are flying Backfire Bombers towards our borders forcing NORAD to scramble fighters to intercept. The Chinese are building aircraft carriers and sailing warships into our territorial waters
- The drought in California and the Western United States, the most severe in an estimated 500 years. Major lakes twenty, thirty feet, even more below normal levels. Aquifers so drained of water they are collapsing and will never be able to hold the same volume of water again even if they are somehow refreshed
- Unexplained fish and animal die-offs in the thousands. Fish, antelope, elephants, deer, birds, walrus just found dead
- A massive uptick in earthquakes. Record numbers in Oklahoma and Texas, hundreds over just the span of a few days. And it seems like every week a 7+ magnitude quake hits the Pacific ring. Fukushima, Nepal, Chile and more. The Nepal quake caused a small, but measurable, reduction in the height of Mt. Everest!!
Again, there are more but this is a good representation. These type things have happened throughout the history of the world, but not to this level or frequency and not at the same time. At least as far as my research can tell. Has America passed the tipping point and is now starting to see God's Judgement? I fear the answer to that is yes, I hope I'm wrong but my heart tells me yes. At the very least America will never again be what she was from her founding through the first few years of the 21st Century. Throughout history there are events that become defining events in the course of humanity and it seems 11 September 2001 is one of those events and it marked the beginning of the decline of America. But, there is hope. With God there is always hope and He can restore America to her place of prominence, if we let Him and help Him. In any case there is always hope for the individual. Christ died on the Cross so that any person who believes in Him and follows Him can have Eternal Salvation.
John 3:16 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed."