POST PUBLISHED INApril, 2012
April 26th, 201208:20 AM ETWhen it comes to regular consistent biblical meditation, what are the obstacles you encounter? What are the challenges that mutate this timeworn, soul refreshing discipline into a soul stressing disappointment... more drudgery than delight? Why, at times, when we do it, does it seem to be less than worth the effort so that it becomes more something...
April 26th, 201207:58 AM ETFrom the statement on meditation taken from the Quest Study Bible that I referenced in my "Soul Food" post, let's look at 2 aspects in greater depth, the second of which will come in a subsequent post. The first point of consideration comes from the following paragraph: "In some ways meditation doesn't easily fit into the Western cultu...
April 26th, 201207:34 AM ETFrankly, meditating on Scripture is one of my favorite topics and disciplines. Though I have been doing this for over 40 years, I still consider myself a student who has neither yet perfected nor reaped the full benefit of this timeworn discipline and, in a manner, art. Let's be clear: when I speak of meditation, I am not referring to the Eastern d...
About this blog
Sharing my personal insights and devotional reflections about faith and life from a Christian perspective.
- Gen. 2:23//The reality of our identity is rooted in our community with each other as creations of God.
- Gen. 1:2-3. May the miracle of Creation continue in us through Christ
- Prayer that Strengthens the Weak.
- Never Date or Marry Beneath Your Covenant with God.
- Rich in Identity
- Family Health Effects the Success of World Outreach
- Scripture Meditation: Overcoming Obstacles