Post tagged with Church Governance
August 31st, 201010:21 AM ETAuthor: ADF Senior Counsel Kevin Theriot We often hear bad things about the cases handed down by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, which sits in various places on the west coast – primarily San Francisco. All too often, this Court’s opinions are contrary to religious freedom, and protecting the family and life. But a panel led by Judge...
July 21st, 201006:19 PM ETAuthor: ADF Senior Counsel Kevin TheriotEvery once in a while, a judge will write an opinion demonstrating the vital importance of religious freedom. The Honorable William C. Lee in the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Indiana did just that in a July 15, 2010 ruling where he rejected a former employee's r...
July 19th, 201001:47 PM ETAuthor: ADF Senior Legal Counsel Erik StanleyThe Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals issued a decision recently that demonstrates why churches should be updating their by-laws to protect against potential litigation that can threaten the constitutional right of the church to select its ministers free from government interference. Th...
June 02nd, 201012:25 PM ETAuthor: ADF Senior Counsel Kevin Theriot Recently a federal court in Maryland undermined the independence of religious organizations when it allowed a nurse's religious harassment claim against a Catholic institution to go forward. It was the first such decision of its kind. Villa St. Catherine's is a Catholic nursing center that t...
May 25th, 201005:47 PM ETAuthor: ADF Litigation Counsel Daniel BlombergWhile churches need not fear, hundreds of thousands of small non-profits groups nationwide, including para-church ministries, may find their tax-exempt status at stake come next year. That's because of an IRS deadline by which small charities had to file some required information-which came a...
May 18th, 201010:14 AM ETAuthor: ADF Legal Counsel Tim ChandlerRecently, the Roman Catholic Church has come under fire after two of its schools, one in Massachusetts and one in Colorado, declined to enroll students who have same-sex parents. Not surprisingly, these decisions created a firestorm of public criticism and outrage, raising questions about whether churches ...
About this blog
A blog about the fight to protect and preserve religious liberty, the sanctity of life, marriage, and the family.
- In UK, Discrimination is Banned Everywhere Except the Womb
- Gosnell Case Exposes Big Abortion for What it Is
- Planned Parenthood and Big Abortion: Unpretty in Pink
- Religious Liberty Restored for Montana's Disabled Children of Faith
- Your Support Secures Religious Freedom Wins on Campuses Coast to Coast
- A Tale of Two Obamas: Still Waiting for Comment After Gosnell's Murder Conviction
- IRS Official: We are "Close" to Auditing Churches Again
- Academia American Culture American Exceptionalism Children's Rights Church and Politics Churches & Politics Colleges & Universities Deconstructionism Health homosexual agenda Homosexual Behavior Judicial Branch Life Non-discrimination policies Planned Parenthod Public Colleges & Universities Public Invocations Public Schools &Universities Religious Fredom Sanctit of Life Sanctityof Life September 11 Suicide Terrorism Transgender Universities