Will Box For Passport - a photo gallery of 15 images, has captured the attention of law enforcement and journalists. Photographer Johannes Hirn posted photos of a boxer bearing the same name, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and likeness of one of the accused Boston Marathan bombers.
According to the Associated Press, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, died this morning after a gun fight with police. His brother and second accused bomber Dzhokha Tsarnaev, 19, is still at large.
Though the images have not been confirmed, the photo's captions reveal that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was an immigrant to the United States, an amateur boxer preparing to compete in the Golden Gloves Competition and a devout muslim.
- Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."
- Tamerlan fled Chechnya with his family because of the conflict in the early 90s, and lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee.
- Tamerlan says he doesn't usually take his shirt off so girls don't get bad ideas: "I'm very religious."
- Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."
- Tamerlab says his girlfriend is half Portuguese, half Italian girlfriend and converted to Islam: "She's beautiful, man!"
CNN reports confirm that Tamerlan Tsarnaev studied engineering at Bunker Hill Community College but had taken off a year to train as a boxer. The reports also state that brother Dzhokha Tsarnaev worked as a lifeguard for a Harvard University pool.
Could the course of history been changed if a Christian had befriended Tamerlan and his brother?