The End of the American Dream website recently asked the provocative question, "Are evangelical Christians rapidly becoming one of the most hated minorities in America?" There is a growing contempt of evangelical Christians and their opposition to gay marriage.
The Southern Poverty Law Center labeled Family Research Council a "hate group."
CNN picks up on this theme and reports, "The reluctance of evangelicals to speak out against homosexuality is often cited as proof they are being forced into the closet."
Is the growing hatred for Christianity a fullfilment of Bible prophecy? Jesus reminded his disciples on multiple occasions that they would be hated by the world.
- You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. - Matthew 10:22 NIV
- If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. - John 15:18-19 NIV
- They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. - John 16:2 NIV
- All Over America Evangelical Christians Are Being Labeled As “Extremists” And “Hate Groups” - The American Dream
- When Christians become a 'hated minority' - CNN