Post tagged with christian weight loss
May 09th, 201209:36 AM ETI almost slapped myself on the forehead this morning in a “Duh! Why am I always the last one to get the memo?” moment. I was on the treadmill, exercising in front of the TV, when a Gain laundry detergent commercial came on and taught me the secret for finding emotional peace. I can't believe I waited nearly 47 years to hear the answer. Are you ...
May 07th, 201205:46 PM ETRecently, I read Galatians 5:13-15 and it really got my attention. It’s about life in the Spirit rather than life in the flesh, “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love yo...
April 28th, 201210:53 AM ETFairly frequently, people contact me with questions about how to tone up loose skin after weight loss. They want to know what exercises they should do. With age, skin loses “elasticity” (the ability to bounce back into its normal shape after being stretched). This is true even for people who have never had weight problems, like those slim olde...
April 22nd, 201209:15 AM ETAs you may know, I personally, overcame childhood-onset obesity (I lost 75 pounds and kept it off for over 25 years), and I studied nutrition and the obesity of psychology at Cornell University. You may also have read in my first CP blog article that I first gained that weight because I ate for the emotional reasons. So, in this article, allow me t...
March 23rd, 201204:58 PM ETLast Fall, while studying for my pain medicine board recertification exam, I learned some new things about substance abuse that can help those of us who have non-narcotic-related weaknesses (like overeating, gambling, over-shopping, etc). I learned that anxiety is the most common diagnosis that precedes relapse into substance abuse. Anxiety is even...
About this blog
In this blog, Dr. Rita Hancock ("Dr. Rita"), a board-certified Musculoskeletal specialist and Pain Management specialist, discusses various topics in her area of expertise, including natural and non-medicinal treatments for pain, as well as how your Christian faith can help you overcome pain, illness, addictions, and obesity.
- Wearing Smudged Glasses Can Be Bad For Your Health
- Stress-relieving Tips To Fight Winter-time Viruses
- The Best Way To Lose That Holiday Weight
- My Prayer For You This Christmas: That You Find Optimal Health, Peace, And Joy!
- Katie Couric Admits To Struggling With Bulimia
- Commonly Missed Pain Diagnoses--Might You Have One of These?
- A Christian Doctor’s Views On Energy Work: Is it Dangerous?
- Acunpuncture Acupuncture and Christianity alcohol abuse anxiety back pain Catholicism vs. Protestantism christian diet Christianity and Energy Healing Christianity and Energy Work Christianity and Healing Christianity and hypnosis Christianity and meditation depression drug abuse free christian weight control e-booklet free christian weight loss e-booklet how to lose holiday weight Is Acupuncture Safe For Christians? mental health and religion pain remorse repentance somatic dysfunction stress and illness stress and the immune system stress-eating