POST PUBLISHED INJuly, 2010
July 28th, 201007:24 PM ETParents of teenagers need to get out of the way and allow their kids to bend in the winds of life a little more. Through that gentle buffeting they’ll gain strength and wisdom to stand upright and flourish as adults. It’s natural for parents to believe that trouble in the teen years can be avoided by keeping tight reins on their teenager. And...
July 21st, 201012:46 PM ETDo newlyweds on their honeymoon need to be pressured to spend time together? When kids are in the midst of a fun game with friends, do they need to be pushed to spend more time with each other? Or think about it this way: if the whole point of life is to fulfill the purposes God has planned for us, then it's simply common sense to take time t...
July 20th, 201003:12 PM ETAs parents, do you ever feel like there's too much to do, and too little time? Do you often feel stressed out, wondering how you'll ever accomplish all that needs to get done? As Christian moms and dads, we need to stop a second and take a time-management lesson from our Lord Jesus. Have you ever stopped to consider about how much He did, in such ...
July 17th, 201003:43 PM ETFor a teenager to be so unbearably unhappy that he would choose to kill himself is something that's almost too painful for a parent to think about. But with the increasing prevalence of teen suicide, no parent can afford to ignore the possibility. Suicide is now the third leading cause of death for high-school students. Kids look at this wor...
July 12th, 201010:41 PM ETAre you connecting with your teenager or growing farther apart every day? Here are three things you can do to communicate and connect on a deeper level. So, what do you and your teen talk about? My guess is that you discuss such items as academics, work, behaviors, privileges, sports involvement, picking the right friends, choosing the right cloth...
July 09th, 201003:42 PM ETOften, parents and teachers ask their children, "What do YOU want to be when you grow up?" In a world that is increasingly self-seeking, self-centered, and self-absorbed, the answers are consistently more egocentric-"a movie star," "a rock star," "a dance star." Even within the church, this present generation is fixated on obtaining fame, wealth, a...
About this blog
Here you will find parenting tips from experts on building a healthy family.
- Freedom's Obligation for the Next Generation
- Legalized Marijuana? How Can Christian Families Prepare their Teenagers?
- Teens and Independence
- ODD Kids and Behavior: 5 Things You Need to Know as a Parent
- Modeling Kindness in an Unkind World
- Irresponsible Children: Why Nagging and Lecturing Don't Work
- Teenagers Talking Back: How to Manage This Annoying Behavior
- adopt a child adopt a teen adopting Black Friday bribing kids Child Behavior dad father Financial Stewardship good child behavior home mark gregaton mission-minded families mother mouthy child orphans Peer Pressure promiscuity rewarding children sassy kids school seduction sex spoiling teenager young children