POST PUBLISHED INNovember, 2011
November 28th, 201104:37 PM ETCountless readers write in to Empowering Parents and say, "I'm supposed to know how to make my child behave, but I don't. He's out of control and people blame me for his behavior. I feel guilty and ashamed most of the time, and very alone. It's the worst feeling in the world." The truth is, you're not supposed to know everything about be...
November 21st, 201104:42 PM ETEver wonder why your child continues to misbehave, no matter what you do? You may be skipping some critical steps in parenting. Don't miss part two of our series on why consequences alone aren't enough to change your child's behavior. There's no such thing as a perfect consequence that will make your child's behavior "magically" change. ...
November 14th, 201104:51 PM ETI've talked with a lot of parents who feel out of control in the face of their child's anger and aggression. In fact, I can't tell you how many moms and dads have said, "I feel like I'm failing at parenting." In my opinion, it's not so important why you as a parent aren't effective at times—what's more important is what you do about it. Th...
November 07th, 201104:39 PM ETDo you feel stuck in a cycle with your child where his behavior isn't changing—and might actually be getting worse? Many parents think that simply giving consequences should be enough to fix misbehavior. These same parents often end up feeling defeated and are left wondering why the consequences didn't work. In this two-part series, Sara ...
About this blog
Here you will find parenting tips from experts on building a healthy family.
- Freedom's Obligation for the Next Generation
- Legalized Marijuana? How Can Christian Families Prepare their Teenagers?
- Teens and Independence
- ODD Kids and Behavior: 5 Things You Need to Know as a Parent
- Modeling Kindness in an Unkind World
- Irresponsible Children: Why Nagging and Lecturing Don't Work
- Teenagers Talking Back: How to Manage This Annoying Behavior
- adopt a child adopt a teen adopting Black Friday bribing kids Child Behavior dad father Financial Stewardship good child behavior home mark gregaton mission-minded families mother mouthy child orphans Peer Pressure promiscuity rewarding children sassy kids school seduction sex spoiling teenager young children