Post tagged with boys
December 12th, 201106:48 PM ETThis past season, several high-profile college head football and basketball coaches have been vilified and lost their jobs due to the perception that they harshly enforced disciplinary methods upon a player or players in their program. I'm not defending these coaches' methods as I do not know the situation, but here's what I do know. Many young men...
August 12th, 201109:39 PM ETFathers are instrumental in modeling to their sons how a man is supposed to love a woman. This is not something that comes naturally to most males. Merely watch the difference in how a young man who grew up with no healthy male role models treats his wife (or more often live-in lover) versus one who grew up with a father that loved his mother. To g...
February 08th, 201102:15 AM ETOur boys today have a certain amount of repressed anger. It results in more bullying in school, but also in a more escalated level of violence. This is caused by not allowing young males to solve their social issues as they have for thousands of years—on their own. In the past when two young males disagreed about something, they went on the playg...
August 20th, 201002:54 AM ETEvery year, our Better Dads ministry hosts an annual Single Mom’s Family Camp. We bring about 25 single mothers and their children to a free, three-day camp. During the camp our male volunteers play with the children during the day while myself and other speakers provide education, insight, and spiritual development during classes for the moms. ...
April 23rd, 200905:43 PM ETHave you ever noticed that sometimes you are just naturally drawn to a certain man? People like being around him. You can't quite put your finger on what it is, but you know you like it. When he comes into a room or walks down the street people automatically notice him--they see something different about him. There's something invigorating and comp...
January 19th, 200906:13 PM ETOne of the questions I'm continually asked by single moms is, "What simple advice can you give me to help raise my boy to become a good man?" The following are a set of small action steps every single mom can take while raising boys. I encourage you to modify these suggestions and combine them with your own ideas to develop a plan that works best ...
About this blog
Here you will find parenting tips from experts on building a healthy family.
- Freedom's Obligation for the Next Generation
- Legalized Marijuana? How Can Christian Families Prepare their Teenagers?
- Teens and Independence
- ODD Kids and Behavior: 5 Things You Need to Know as a Parent
- Modeling Kindness in an Unkind World
- Irresponsible Children: Why Nagging and Lecturing Don't Work
- Teenagers Talking Back: How to Manage This Annoying Behavior
- adopt a child adopt a teen adopting Black Friday bribing kids Child Behavior dad father Financial Stewardship good child behavior home mark gregaton mission-minded families mother mouthy child orphans Peer Pressure promiscuity rewarding children sassy kids school seduction sex spoiling teenager young children