Heavy rain has caused flooding around Boulder, Colorado, resulting in the evacuation of thousands and three deaths.
According to USA Today, "Boulder saw more than 7 inches of rain in 24 hours, shattering the town's 95-year record for rainfall."
The National Weather Service released this warning: "Major flooding/flash flooding event underway at this time with biblical rainfall amounts reported in many areas in/near the foothills.''
The Associated Press reports that mudslides have hindered rescue operations.
- Pray that if anyone is still trapped by the flooding, that they will be rescued.
- Pray for the flooding to begin receeding.
- Pray for the safety of rescue personnel as they work in risky conditions.
- Pray for Christian disaster relief personnel and churches to have opportunities to meet the needs of the flooding victims.
- Pray for housing for the homeless.
- Pray for government officials to have wisdom in making decisions regarding the flooding victims.
- Pray that God would be glorified in the midst of this tragedy.