Happy Mother's Day to all the moms reading this blog post.
- Thank God for your mother and all the other moms. There are 2 billion moms in the world.
- Pray for single moms to receive support in parenting their children. Parenting.com reported, "Unmarried women are now responsible for a whopping 36% of all births, according to the latest numbers from the U.S. Census Bureau." According to a University of Akron article, "Approximately 60 percent of U.S. children living in mother-only families are impoverished, compared with only 11 percent of two-parent families. The rate of poverty is even higher in African-American single-parent families, in which two out of every three children are poor."
- Pray for moms to be godly role models for their kids.
- According to Yourtango, "On Mother's Day, many women who have had abortions are reminded of 'what might have been.'" Pray for women struggling with guilt today to experience forgiveness and peace.
- Pray for women that wish to be mothers but suffer from infertility. Russell Moore writes, "Infertile women, and often their husbands, are still often grieving in the shadows."
- Pray for people whose moms have died recently and are mourning on this day.
- Pray for women in struggling marriages. This Examiner headline tells a sad story: "Unappreciated women are more likely to cheat the day after Mother's Day ."
- Aborted Mother's Day
- How To Survive Mother's Day If You Feel Post-Abortion Grief
- On Mother's Day, Remember the Infertile
- Married vs. Single Moms