According to Operation World, the Philippines has 93,616,853 people of which 11,558,344 or 12.3% are evangelicals. These evangelical Christians may have unique opportunities to help the victims of this week's typhoon.
The Christian Post reported, "At least 283 people have lost their lives after a massive typhoon hit southern Philippines on Tuesday, generating 75 mph winds and gusts of up to 93 mph... "Entire families were washed away," Interior Minister Manuel Roxas said, sharing that another 300 people were missing. Search and rescue efforts have been hampered by destroyed roads and collapsed bridges."
- Pray for missing persons to be rescued or found.
- Pray for healing for the injured.
- Pray for Christian disaster relief efforts and churches to not only meet physical needs but also spiritual needs and that the Gospel would be planted in the hearts of people that do not yet know Jesus as Savior.
- Pray for people that lose their jobs to be able to find new employment.
- Pray for the homeless to find new housing.