According to the the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the death toll from Syria's civil war has reached 100,191 and this total includes 36,661 civilians.
The Associated Press reports:
The conflict has also polarized the region. Several Gulf states, including Sunni-majority Saudi Arabia, back the rebels. Shiite powerhouse Iran is a major Assad supporter.
The United Nations has reported that 4 million Syrians have been displaced by the war. Many of the refugees have settled in neighboring countries. In addition to these 4 million refugees there are also 6 million Syrians needing assistance, Wikipedia reports.
- Pray for the Syrian government and the rebels to resolve differences peaceably.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort families and friends mourning those who have been killed.
- Pray for the recovery of those wounded in the war.
- Pray for the safety of the Syrian people as well as the refugees that have left the country.
- Pray for Christians to have opportunities to share the love of Christ with their neighbors and for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to change lives.
- Pray that refugees will find safe shelter and new jobs.
- Pray that the enemies of Christianity will be convicted of their sin and come to know Jesus like Saul on the road to Damascus.