According to CBS News, "A soldier opened fire Wednesday at Fort Hood, killing three people and wounding several others before taking his own life." Unnamed sources claimed that soldier Ivan Lopez was the shooter.
Today's shooting follows a 2009 massacre that the military labeled "workplace violence."
On November 5, 2009, Nidal Malik Hasan killed 13 soldiers and injured 32 more when he opened fire on the Fort Hood military base. (For background on previous shooting, check Wikipedia and Christian Post articles)
The Fort Hood Press Center has been slow to confirm any details regarding the latest shooting but does report, "The post is currently still on lock down ... Emergency crews are on the scene."
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort the families and friends of the deceased.
- Pray for healing for the injured.
- Pray for safe working conditions and an end to violence at Fort Hood.
- Pray for the the Gospel to transform lives at Fort Hood.
- Pray for military chaplains working on the base.