Before praying through a prayer list, it would be a good idea to start by telling our heavenly Father, "Thank you for sending Jesus Christ to take away our sin."
After Jesus was born a small number of people recognized him as the Messiah and praised God. The acts of praise by shepherds, the wise men, Anna and Simeon have been remembered for centuries. We can join them today in praising our creator.
Yesterday the London Telegraph described the results of a study on religious persecution of Christians:
A far less widely grasped fact is that Christians are targeted more than any other body of believers.”
It cites estimates that 200 million Christians, or 10 per cent of Christians worldwide, are “socially disadvantaged, harassed or actively oppressed for their beliefs.”
Also yesterday WND reported,
Christians are beginning to leave Syria in increasing numbers as the civil war intensifies and Syrian opposition forces seek the removal of embattled Shi’a Alawite Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, who until now has protected Christians and other minorities from the threats from Sunni Muslims ...
In another recent international development, Park Geun-hye was elected as the first female president of South Korea. The Associated Press reported, "Miss Park has vowed to pursue engagement and send greater aid to North Korea, despite a widely condemned long-range rocket launch."
Please pray for persecuted Christians around the world
- Pray that refugees will find safe shelter and new jobs.
- Pray for an end to violence against Christians in Syria, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, North Korea and other countries.
- Pray that persecuted Christians will boldly display their faith in Christ and share the love of Christ to their enemies.
- Pray that the enemies of Christianity will be convicted of their sin and come to know Jesus like Saul on the road to Damascus.
- Pray for South Korea's new president to have favor from God in dealing with the North Korean government.