Mozilla Foundation CEO Brendan Eich resigned yesterday after gay rights activists protested his recent appointed to lead the non-profit corporation responsible for the Firefox web browser. The gay rights activists were supported by dating website OKCupid which called for Eich's removal.
The Christian Post reported, "In 2008, Eich donated $1,000 in support of Proposition 8 that sought to amend the state constitution to define marriage as being between one man and one woman. The bill passed with 52 percent of the vote in the California state assembly and was approved by voters, but the Supreme Court overturned it in 2013."
Some gays and lesbians opposed the campaign to remove Eich. Blogger Andrew Sullivan wrote, "If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us."
Christians instead of resorting to boycotts can instead pray for the people involved in this controversy.
- Pray for Brendan Eich as he will be seeking a new job.
- Pray for Mozilla as they search for a new CEO.
- Pray for OKCupid's management to become more tolerant of people with other beliefs.
- Pray for board members and employees of these corporations to put God first in their work.
- Prayer List: Business Owners and CEOs - Christian Post
- OKCupid Goes Full Fascist for the Gays - PJ Media