According to the Associated Press, 97 people were killed by two hurricanes that recently struck Mexico and 68 people are missing. Mexico's east coast was pounded by Hurricane Ingrid and Hurricane Manuel struck the west coast.
Bloomberg reports that another storm could strike Mexico:
"As Manuel begins to break up in the mountains, another tropical system may take shape in the Bay of Campeche, in the southern Gulf of Mexico. An area of disturbed weather there has a 60 percent chance of becoming tropical in the next five days, according to the hurricane center."
- Pray that rescue personnel will be able rescue anyone still trapped by flooding and landslides.
- Pray for the flooding to begin receeding.
- Pray for the safety of rescue personnel as they work in risky conditions.
- Pray for Christian disaster relief personnel and churches to have opportunities to meet the needs of the flooding victims.
- Pray for housing for the homeless.
- Pray for government officials to have wisdom in making decisions regarding the flooding victims.
- Pray that God would be glorified in the midst of this tragedy.
- Hurricane Manuel: 97 Dead as Victims Recount Horror - Associated Press
- Hurricane Manuel Goes Ashore in Mexico With More Rain - Bloomberg