Last week anti-slavery activists participated in Human Trafficking Awareness Day. Even though the media coverage is fading we can still act on this issue.
Perhaps you can send a donation to an organization that offers shelter to the victims or contact your local law enforcement and see if there is any way that you can help in your community. A serious need is transitional housing for the victims.
Here is a short prayer list for the victims and the perpetrators.
- Pray for the children and adults that are trafficked to be rescued or set free.
- Pray for emotional and physical healing for the victims.
- Pray that the victims with sexually transmitted diseases will get adequate health care.
- Pray that adult victims will be able to find good jobs.
- Pray for the perpetrators to be convicted by the Holy Spirit regarding the harm and human suffering they are causing and to be brought to justice for their crimes.
- Pray for the victims and perpetrators to hear the Gospel, become born again, and be discipled by Christians.
- Pray for the runaways to be able to return home and for these families to reconcile.