Yesterday CNS News posted a tragic article with this headline: Planned Parenthood's New Annual Report: We Did 333,964 Abortions; 1 Every 94 Seconds.
Why is abortion still legal in America? The apathy of people in the Church. I am not asking all the Christians to protest abortion. Instead I am asking that you join me in praying for the protection of human life.
Years ago I picketed an abortion business on Saturdays. Sometimes I saw moms escorting their daughters into the clinics. Ocassionally the girl would have a friend with her for the procedure, but most of the time the women having abortions would show up alone.
But one Saturday stands out. This wasn't just any Saturday -- it was also Valentine's Day and I saw women in the abortion clinic parking lot being greeted by their boyfriends with flowers after the "procedure."
Instead of screaming at people entering and exiting the abortion business, I would silently pray for them hoping that one day their hearts would be changed.
- Pray for the abortionists to be convicted by the Holy Spirit and to repent of their actions and become honest doctors that "do no harm."
- Pray for the teenagers, college students, unemployed women -- anyone considering an abortion to have a change of heart and to allow their unborn children to live.
- Pray for the donors to Planned Parenthood to stop giving money to this abortion industry behemoth.
- Pray for the women that have already had abortions to experience forgiveness and emotional healing.
- Pray for the politicians supporting abortion to switch sides and defend human life.
- Pray for the judges that will hear abortion and euthanasia-related arguments to have discernment and rule justly and protect life.
- Pray that the abortionists, their clinic employees and women considering abortion would discover the grace and mercy available through Jesus Christ and be born again.