Remember the country of Venezuela in your prayers as its voters prepare to select a replacement for the recently deceased President Hugo Chavez. Venezuela's Interim President Nicolas Maduro will represent the United Socialist Party of Venezuela in the elections. Henrique Capriles Radonski of the Justice First Party is the opposition candidate.
According to Wikipedia, Maduro helped optain Chavez's prison release after Chavez attempted a takeover of the country's government in 1992. Previously Maduro worked as a union representative. Before serving as interim president, Maduro was the country's vice president.
Wikipedia reports that "Capriles is the grandson of Jewish Holocaust survivors and a self-professed devout Catholic." Capriles is an attorney that served as governor of that state of Miranda.
- Pray that Venezuala's candidates run honest elections without violence.
- Pray that the voters will seek wisdom from God in deciding how they vote.
- Pray for the candidates to put God first in all they do.
- Pray that God will be glorified in this election.
- Chavez's hand-picked successor takes command in Venezuela; election to be called within 30 days - Associated Press
- Henrique Capriles, Venezuela Leader With Jewish Roots, Battles Chavez Legacy - The Forward