Wednesday night an explosion in the town of West, Texas, destroyed a fertilizer plant and part of the town. Numerous people were injured or killed by the explosion.
According to CNN, "The blast came minutes after the fire began, so firefighters were already on the scene. Some may be among the dead, but the casualty count is unclear, Waco Police Sgt. William Patrick Swanton said, estimating that overall, five to 15 people may have lost their lives. Smith said the death toll could spike to 60 or 70. More than 160 people were injured."
Waco Tribune-Herald reporter Kirstne Crow tweeted, "First responders having to reinforce some of the structures in order to enter and search, PD says."
NBC News reported that Residents of the West Rest Haven nursing home were rescued by a first responder that said, "They had Sheetrock that was on top of them."
Related Video: Texas nursing home worker: God shielded us
- Pray for the families and friends of people killed by the disaster and that they will experience the mercy of God in their grief.
- Pray for healing for the injured.
- Pray for safety for rescue personnel working at the scene of the disaster.
- Pray for conviction of sin for the people that have participated in looting in the town.
- For people's needs to be met that lost their homes and jobs.
- Pray for churches ministering to the physical and spiritual needs of the town.