According to a United Nations official, more than 100,000 people may be killed in Syria's civil war in 2013 if the warring factions fail to reach a peace agreement.
The Washington Post has reported that U.N. envoy Lakhdar Brahimi "proposed a cease-fire that would be followed by a transitional government until elections could be held."
- Pray for peace negotiations to be successful and for the killing to end in Syria.
- Pray for the safety of Syrian Christians.
- Pray that the Syrian Christians will have opportunities to share the Gospel with their neighbors and that Muslims will encounter the love of Jesus Christ through these Christians.
2012 was a tragic year for American military personnel. According to Stars and Stripes, the military newspaper, more soldiers committed suicide than were killed in combat.
- Pray for soldiers fighting depression to get the mental health they need.
- Pray for chaplains to provide effective support for military personnel with physical and emotional wounds.
- Pray that these soldiers will be transformed by the Gospel.
The London Daily Mail has reported that 2,257 Americans have been hospitalized due to a flu epidemic.
- Pray for physical healing for the ill.
In each of these tragic events, there are people suffering emotionally and mourning the deaths of family members or friends. Also remember to pray for these people to recover from their grief.