Post tagged with mission
July 23rd, 201112:50 PM ETA few months ago I critiqued the Christian Motorcyclists' Association in "The Problem of Uncool Christianity". My argument was straightforward: the CMA is ineffective as a missionary outreach to the biker community because of its uncool image. But I didn't simply curse the darkness, for in my next article, "Cool Christians Riding on The Wildside" I...
February 26th, 201112:05 PM ETToday I want to look at an oft-overlooked text in favor of inclusivism, the doctrine that hearing the gospel and making a cognitive confession of it (as described in Romans 10:9) is not necessary for salvation. Let's begin with the text. In Revelation 5:9 the Lamb (Jesus) is depicted opening a scroll as the saints look on in praise and declare: "...
About this blog
An exploration of faith, knowledge, reason and doubt (with the occasional trite pop culture reference thrown in for good measure).
- Worldviews: A Conversation with Barry
- The problem of irrelevant comments explained
- Commenting on The Tentative Apologist
- Why Christians shouldn’t seek a “biblical worldview”
- Does God punish people through natural disasters?
- Quote others the way you would have them quote you
- What was in Jesus’ hand? Lessons on why you can’t take the Bible literally word for word
- Al Mohler aplastic anemia Artists united against Apartheid Beyonce climate change C.S. Lewis Don Cheadle environmental ethics essentialism evangelicalism externality George Clooney Hans Kung healing heterodoxy historiography Inquisition Justin Taylor Mariah Carey mission Muammar Gadhafi Nelly Furtado Ron Kilno Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith Sun City Usher