Youcef Nadarkhani is a Christian convert from Islam living in Iran. Nadarkhani could be executed this week for apostasy. Recently the Iranian government filed additional charges against Nadarkhani including extortion, rape, and endangering national security. Human Rights Watch, Open Doors, and numerous human rights groups oppose these charges and have asked the Iranian government to release Nadarkhani.
Please contact the Iranian government and request Nadarkhani's release.
Iran's office at the United Nations:
Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the United Nations
622 Third Ave. New York, NY 10017
telephone: (212) 687-2020
Iran's embassy in Washington, D.C.:
Interests Section of Islamic Republic of Iran
2209 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20007-4127
telephone: (202) 965-4991
How to pray for Nadarkhani:
Nadarkhani is married and has two sons, Daniel (9) and Joel (7). Pray for his family's protection and peace of mind because the wife is reportedly depressed from the possible death sentence.
Nadarkhani is a member of the Church of Iran. Pray for the members to display courage and the love of Christ as the government cracks down on them.
The Iranian Supreme Court announced it will issue a verdict this week. Pray for the judges to experience conviction from God and to release Nadarkhani with no harm.
For background on the case:
- Iranian Christian pastor Yousef Nadarkhani to be executed for "aposasy" - Bikya Masr
- Iran Deceiving Media About Christian Pastor Facing Execution, Says Group
- Christian Post
- Iranian Pastor Stands Firm in Faith, Faces Execution Compass Direct News
- Iran: Christian pastor charged with rape, not apostasy - Jerusalem Post
- Youcef Nadarkhani's Letter to His Church - Trevin Wax