Post tagged with racism
November 26th, 201207:54 PM ETThis piece was originally published at Patheos on November 26, 2012. I was struck by a certain criticism of my "I Can't Wait for Christian America to Die" blog post. The person specified that this is the same kind of speech hailing from churches affiliated with individuals like Jeremiah Wright, and which white liberals assent to in order to f...
July 23rd, 201212:26 PM ETWe’re often blind to color—that is, blind to how color shapes us. Some good white people like me will say they are color blind—they don’t see people’s color. While I appreciate their desire to move beyond prejudice, and while they themselves may not be prejudiced, I find their statements problematic from two angles. First, the statement ...
May 30th, 201204:14 PM ETI am a passive racist, or perhaps better, a passive racialist. When one speaks of being a racist, one often has in mind matters of intentionality. I am not intentionally attacking people of diverse ethnicities. I am not targeting or profiling them in any active sense. I have friendships with many people of diverse ethnic backgrounds. I want to cult...
- "Please Don't Squeeze the Charmin!": On Comparing Religions
- The Holy Mother’s Day All Year Long
- The Radical Middle & Fundamentalist Extremes: Crossing the Divide
- Charles Ramsey: Kidnapped Heroism Unleashed
- Documented and Undocumented "Parasites"
- Predatory Proselytism: The Hard Sell
- The Trayvon Martin Case: A Case for Race?
- African Americans apocalypse Barth Billy Graham bipartisanship Bonhoeffer Christian nation Community Cults Democrat Evangelicalism Exploring Ecclesiology Faith founding fathers GOP Kingdom Mordecai religious symbols secularism Steve Garber The "You Lost Me" Generation TIME Magazine USA Visible Church Vocation voting